ADULT DRIVER EDUCATION
Zero-Balances Allow Students to Begin the Driving Portion of Course.
Remember Students that may need an Interpreter. Interpreter must hold a valid driver's license.
ADULT STEP 1: SIGN-UP FOR YOUR CLASS
Adult Driver Education Course consist of:
- 6 Hours In-Classroom Includes State Written Test
- 8 Hours Behind-the-Wheel Training
Adult Driver Education Course plus state road skills test additional fee. You will see choices when you sign-up.
ADULT STEP 2: OBTAIN TIP* FROM STATE
ADULT TIP (*TEMPORARY INSTRUCTORS PERMIT)
- Original or State Certified Birth Certificate (no photocopies) and another primary document or two secondary forms of identification. For Aliens Temporarily Residing in Louisiana see see Policy 6.02
- Social Security Card
- Proof of residence (Two proof of residences if opting to apply for a Real ID, needed by 2020 to fly domestically*)
ADULT STEP 3: COMPLETE & ROAD TEST
After passing the written testing in the classroom and completing all 6 hours, then the 8-Hours of behind-the-wheel portion begins. With a passing score behind-the-wheel allows the student to take the States required Third-Party Road Skills Test*.
ADULT STUDENTS (18 years old and older)
- If the student hasn't chosen the course that comes with the State Required Road Test, it's okay. You may add the fee and it takes about 20 minutes, using our driver education vehicle on our state approved route.
- Then the student may go back to the State with their TIP, Certificate of Completion and Sealed Envelope.
- The state will then turn the TIP into an active drivers license
- Other Fees by the State may be applied.